The Patient Chart will provide the ability to quickly retrieve detailed and comprehensive clinical data regarding a particular patient.
The patient information banner located at the top of the screen includes the dialysis facility where the patient’s last vitals were documented, shift, target weight, and patient phone number. If a patient is being treated for Acute Kidney Injury, an "AKI" indicator will display in the banner.
For a patient that is known to be COVID-19 Positive, PUI Asymptomatic, or PUI Symptomatic, a corresponding status tag will be shown. The COVID-19 status tags in the patient banner are color-coded; PUI Asymptomatic is yellow, PUI Symptomatic is orange, and COVID-19 Positive is red. Click the status tags to show details on the most recent status event information. The information may include: Status; Last Date in Facility; Facility Action; Receiving Dialysis in Facility; and Patient Treatment Going Forward. If a COVID-19 vaccination record has been entered into Snappy, an orange “COVID-19 Vaccinated” status displays. Hover your cursor over the status and a tooltip appears with the date(s) that the vaccine(s) were given. The date(s) display the most recent to oldest date. The COVID-19 vaccine status does not display for patients that have refused the vaccine.
The Patient Chart is organized into 3 tabs - ESRD/AKI Mgmt, Clinical Summary, and Profile. ESRD/AKI Mgmt tab has comprehensive patient treatment and lab data. The Clinical Summary tab contains the patient’s current treatment data, vaccine history, allergies, and current and inactive medications. Profile tab contains the most recent patient details, the provider’s contact information, and the patient’s primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance data.
Within each of the Patient Chart tabs, the Start Note button is available to create an encounter. The functionality for this feature is the same under all Patient Chart tabs. Please note that this functionality is not available to all users at this time.
The same basic functionality within the tabs is available for both CWOW and Snappy patients except for the following differences:
- ESRD/AKI Mgmt – All care categories are available for Snappy patients. For CWOW patients, lab data only for Adequacy, Access, Anemia, Nutrition, Mineral/Bone Disorder, Infection, and Other care categories will display. The DaVita care team can provide lab data for the Fluid/BP care category upon request.
- ESRD/AKI Mgmt – ePrescribe available for Snappy patients. This functionality is only available to specific users at this time. Please contact Physician Support if you are interested in using this new functionality during the beta phase.
- ESRD/AKI Mgmt – SHAPE 10/Roxadustat Anemia Management Protocol under the Anemia care category for Snappy patients only
- Clinical Summary – Allergies can be added or modified by a provider for CWOW patients only
- Clinical Summary – Medication, Treatment, and Vaccine data for CWOW patients is currently not available
- Clinical Summary - Medications, Treatment, Vaccine, and Allergies are read-only for Snappy patients. To add, update, or remove data from these sections, the patient’s DaVita care team must be contacted.
- Clinical Summary - ePrescribe available for Snappy patients. This functionality is only available to specific users at this time. Please contact Physician Support if you are interested in using this new functionality during the beta phase.
- Profile – Data is available for Snappy patients only